THE 2021 RED BULL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD IS COMING! - STAND BY FOR DETAILS ON THE 2021 EDITION
ARCHIVE - RED BULL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD 2020
This year, the Red Bull Rookie Award is going fully digital!
- The Red Bull Rookie of the Year Award comprises of the Red Bull Rookie Award Best Line.
- Red Bull Rookie of the Year starts on 1 January 2020, 12:00:00 am UTC+1 and ends on 15thNovember 2020, 12:00:00 am UTC+1 (inclusive)
- Red Bull Rookie Award Best Line starts on 1 July 2020, 12:00:00 am UTC+1 and ends on 31 October 2020, 12:00:00 am UTC+1 (inclusive).
- The Red Bull Rookie of the Year title will be awarded to the #1 ranked Participant of the Red Bull Best Line.
- The Red Bull Rookie Award Best Line is a virtual competition where Participants hand in a video where they are being judged on. Participants need to register their entry for this virtual event via the FMBA member management platform .
CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
- Red Bull Rookie of the Year Award
- Wildcard to a Crankworx Slopestyle event in 2021, flights and accommodation included, as well as EUR 500,- cash pocket money. In addition, the winner will also receive his FMB World Tour License for the upcoming season.
- Athletes' Choice
- New for 2020 is the Athletes' Choice Award, which will go to the rider chosen as the best rider by a roster of FMB World Tour professionals. The rider chosen by the Athlete's Panel will receive their FMB World Tour License for the upcoming season + a €750,00 (EUR) cash prize.
- People's Choice
- In addition to the Rookie of the Year Award and the Athletes' Choice Award, in 2020, we're also opening up voting to FMB World Tour fans. Video submissions will all be added to Clippero (https://www.clippero.com/fmbworldtour/red-bull-rookie-of-the-year-award-red-bull-best-line?tab=entries), an online collection tool which will enable users to vote for their favorite rider. The People's Choice winner will be awarded with an FMB World Tour License for the upcoming season.
- For the People's Choice, cash prizes will be awared for the Top 3 riders.
- 1st - €750,00 (EUR)
- 2nd - €300,00 (EUR)
- 3rd - €200,00 (EUR)
- Riders can also be “endorsed” by Stakeholders - FMB riders, FMB World Tour event organizers, etc. If there are riders in your group of friends that definitely need to submit a video, nominate them by shouting them out on Instagram. This can either be done in a feed post or an Instagram story by using the hashtags specified below. If you as a rider are too old, but know of a rider that fits within the eligibility requirements, make sure to let us know so that we can reach out to them to submit a video.
- Athlete must have a current FMB World Tour License or a FMB Free Amateur License
- Athlete must not yet have competed at a Diamond event unless via Wildcard in the current (2020) season to be ranked on the FMBA Red Bull Rookie Rankings
- Athlete must be 16 and older and below age 22 (ranges 31.12.2003 - 01.01.1999) to be eligible for participation
- For the Red Bull Rookie Award Best Line: Athletes must register for this competition through the FMBA Member Management platform
RULES AND REGULATIONS – FMBA RED BULL ROOKIE AWARD BEST LINE
Athlete must register for the Red Bull Rookie Award Best Line through the FMBA Member Management platform for participation. Athletes need to have signed up for either a FMB World Tour License or a FMB Free Amateur License to be able to complete registration for Best Line.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR BEST LINE (https://fmba.memberpro.net/main/body.cfm?menu=events&submenu=directoryCompetitionEREG&showRegistrations=0&page_no=1&competition_cl=WT)
- Disciplines: DJ & SS
- Judging: a dedicated judge panel will rank all submitted videos
- Videos on which athletes want to be judged on must NOT be videos from a FMBA sanctioned competition where athletes get FMB ranking pts from their regular competition results anyways
- Video runs must be a maximum length of 1min and must not contain music
- Video runs (within 1min length) should contain at least 3 consecutive tricks in one line and can contain more.
- Rider Introduction must be included within the video
- Everything from the run must be seen on the video at all time - from take-off to landing - (e.g. no dead angles in landing) in order for the judges to score a run at full sight. No cuts allowed.
- Athletes can hand in multiple videos but will only be judged on their best one. If an athlete wants to hand in another video, he should be indicating why they are submitting a new video (e.g. new line, improving his tricks …)
SUBMISSION OF VIDEO - BEST LINE
- Once you have registered you musti submit your video through Instagram.
- Videos must be posted via Instagram and include the following hashtags: #ROTYBestLine #fmbworldtour #Redbullbike
- Only videos containing all three hashtags will be considered for entry into the award